You are here
The University of Michigan Office of Research advances the excellence of research, scholarship and creative activity across all three campuses by encouraging new research and providing central services in research policy; compliance, contract development and negotiation; federal relations; technology transfer; business engagement; and communications.
- Encouraging new research though our affiliated interdisciplinary units, novel programs such as MCubed, new initiatives, our grants and awards program, and our recognition awards.
- Building partnerships with industry, government and academia through the work of our Business Engagement Center and Federal Relations for Research office, as well as through our interdisciplinary units, international programs and new initiatives.
- Providing central research administration from proposal submission, through contract development and negotiation, to project closeout with the services of the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects.
"With more than $1.3 billion in research expenditures annually, U-M is one of the world's leading research universities," said S. Jack Hu, interim vice president for research.
- Supporting a culture of ethical research and compliance by providing guidance and oversight through the Research Ethics & Compliance Office in such areas as the protection of human and animal subjects, biological safety and conflict of interest management.
- Overseeing research policy, including research compliance, guidelines for research faculty, implementation of the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) and other areas.
- Managing knowledge transfer and economic development through such activities as our Office of Technology Transfer, Business Engagement Center and Institute for Research on Labor, Employment, and the Economy.
- Advocating for university research through the efforts of our Federal Relations for Research office and Business Engagement Center, and by coordinating research communications.