Research Faculty Affairs
The health of the research enterprise at the University of Michigan is a reflection of the excellence of its faculty. In an effort to equip U-M faculty with the necessary tools to advance their research and scholarship, the U-M Office of the Vice President for Research has identified the following resources surrounding research faculty policies and procedures:
Appointments and Promotions
- Research Scientist Track
- Instructional and Research Professor Tracks
- Research Faculty Appointment Criteria Review Grid
- Policies on Appointments and Promotions for Research Scientist Track
- Research Faculty Mandatory Review Addendum
- Authorization to Extend Offer – Research Scientist Track
- Offer letter and MOU templates
- In order to improve the clarity and consistency of the information contained in offer letters, the Office of Vice President for Research requires use of standard templates for offer letters to research professors and research scientists.
- Guidelines for Obtaining Approval of Additional Research Scientist Appointments for Faculty
- The U-M Office of the Vice President for Research established guidelines regarding procedures for obtaining approval to offer current faculty an additional research scientist appointment in another department or academic unit at the same, or equivalent, rank.