Contact Us

The Office of the Vice President for Research works with both internal and external partners to catalyze, support and safeguard research at the University of Michigan. Depending on your question, you may be looking for one or more of the following:

U-M Research Resources:

Do you (or does ORSP) update the "Find a Research Administrator - Blue Pages" for our (department/unit/school/college/institute)?

The data gets updated nightly from the Proposal Management Data Warehouse. You will want to have your Unit Liaison update it in the eResearch Proposal Management System. They can call 4-HELP (option 3) with questions.  

I am from the media, and I have a question about University of Michigan research.

I want to apply to the University of Michigan to do research as a student, graduate student, or post-doc.

Research and internship opportunities are available for enrolled students. You can find graduate program application materials on the Rackham website ( For undergraduate admissions go to

I would like a career or internship in research with the University of Michigan.

Jobs and internships, even in research, are arranged through the academic department or posted on

I am an international student from another school looking for an internship. Can I send you my resume?

Unfortunately we cannot accept résumés and applications for graduate programs or research opportunities. Find application materials on the Rackham graduate programs website or follow the employment application procedures on the University of Michigan careers/job postings site. Do check the eligibility requirements for any programs you see. Many summer research opportunities are only available to U.S. Citizens.

I am a faculty member/post-doc/research assistant and would like to find some funding.

Check the U-M Library’s for funding databases. There, you can arrange a consultation with a librarian who can help you with resources. If applying for funding, your next point-of-contact should be your department’s research administrator. You can find that person here: Find a Research Administrator (Blue Pages)

I have heard that UMOR has Funding Opportunities, and I want information about them.

Our international partnerships and UMOR-hosted internal funding opportunities reside on our Find Funding page. There you can also find a listing of our Faculty Grants and Awards with deadlines and contact information.  

I would like to declare my intent to submit to UMOR for a Limited Submission opportunity.

Contact Tricia McCain Ebright at sends e-mail).  

I have a question about my proposal approval form (PAF), Cost Sharing, or a sponsored project.

Your first point of contact should be your department’s research administrator. You can find that person here: Find a Research Administrator (Blue Pages) You can use our Project Representative lookup table here. 

I need to find an ORSP Project Representative.

You can look up your ORSP Project Representative here. 

I am trying to locate a research publication or get approval for a citation.

We do not keep research publications for loan or purchase. If published, it may be available via the National Institutes of Health PubMed Central(link is external) or our U-M library. For citations, please use standard citation methods.

I am a faculty member | post-doc | research assistant and need to know how to route my proposal/work with ORSP.

Your first point of contact should be your department’s research administrator. You can find that person here: Find a Research Administrator (Blue Pages)

I would like to participate in a research study? Or, I have a particular physical condition or medical situation, and I would like to participate in a clinical trial. I need to contact the staff.

Visit is external) to learn more about Clinical Trial Studies and participation opportunities. Their phone number is 877.536.4243.

I need to obtain/find/print my certification for Responsible Conduct of Research (or PEERRS information).

Visit the Responsible Conduct page: as well as the PEERRS Certification website: Phone: 866-990-0111.  

I am working on a master's project that will travel internationally. We will be conducting interviews with various stakeholders.

I understand that for this we need to submit an IRB application and receive training. Can you please help direct me to actual application?

Visit Email: sends e-mail). Phone: 734-936-0933. Please note that it must be accessed via U-M’s eResearch Regulatory Management (eRRM) system: Phone: 734-764-HELP (764-4357). A list of compliance contacts can be found here: 

I need a report on proposal award data. Neither SAW nor Business Objects U-M-Maintained/Research Reports have what I need.

If SAW does not provide the data required, and if your unit does not have access to BusinessObjects and its U-M-Maintained/Research reports, then you may contact 4-HELP with the Subject: “eRPM ORSP Tier 3,” and the details of your request. 

My sponsor is asking me to disclose information about working with international or foreign key personnel. What is required?

Have a question that is not answered above? Please use the form below. Thank you!

Have questions or concerns?

We value your feedback,  questions and website input.