Following are funding resources managed by UMOR. For a comprehensive, university-wide listing of funding opportunities, visit the U-M Find Funding Portal, hosted and maintained by the U-M Library with content from all units, schools, and colleges.
This page provides information on internal U-M Office of Research (UMOR) resources for finding funding. The process of finding funding is incumbent upon the research project team. There are resources to help you.
For a more comprehensive, one-stop shop for funding opportunities (internal and external) please visit funding.research.umich.edu.
Business Engagement (Industry) and Foundation Relations (Non-profit)
- Business Engagement Center - If you're working with a sponsor from the corporate or industry sector, contact BEC.
- Foundation Relations - If you're working with a non-profit foundation, find out if that sponsor is on the list of managed foundations and learn how to work with them.
- See full list and details of U-M Office of Research's (UMOR's) International Partnerships.
UMOR-Managed Faculty Grants & Awards
- UMOR offers various UMOR-managed Faculty Grants & Awards to support research, scholarship, and creative activities. Areas for support include: Artistic Productions and Performances, Bridging Support, Equipment for Core Facilities, Publication Subvention, Research Maintenance, Small Grants for Major Conferences, and Small Scale and Preliminary Projects.
ORSP Communications - RAP Monthly Funding Opportunities
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) Communications area produces a monthly Funding Newsletter to promote, in particular, university-wide internal funding opportunities. For maximum engagement, please follow these guidelines to be considered for inclusion. We publish at the beginning of the month, so please send the following at least one week before the calendar end-of-month. Learn more about how to submit your internal funding opportunity.
- Submit ideas to ORSP Funding Opportunities Newsletter
- Subscribe to ORSP Communications and Funding Newsletters
At University of Michigan (U-M) we typically send out a Call for Intent to Submit communication to ensure there is interest before scheduling and announcing a Limited Submission competition. UMOR staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) mine opportunities and promote them in this communication and ask interested parties to reply if there is interest.
- Sign up for our Weekly Call for Intent to Submit email where we announce all limited submissions
- View individual archives of communications sent announcing Limited Submission opportunities and potential competitions
- Limited Submissions - View current competitions for University of Michigan International Partnerships
References and Resources
- Business Engagement Center
- Limited Submission Opportunities
- Limited Submissions Process and Team
- Foundations Relations (requires Kerberos login) The University of Michigan Foundations Relations Office is available to help U-M faculty and staff search for foundation funding.
- Federal Funding Opportunity Announcements This includes funding solicitations, funding opportunity announcements (FOAs), broad agency announcement (BAAs) and more.
The Research Administration Post (The RAP) and RAPid (immediate dispatch) Newsletters
- Signup or Modify Subscription for The RAP, RAPid, and Weekly Call for Interest email newsletters The RAP, RAPid, and its related Call for Interest and Funding Opportunity newsletters are a great way to learn about the latest developments. The RAP is primarily about research administration, business, and policy updates. The RAPid and the Call for Interest communications are more frequent and help promote internal and external funding opportunities. Sign up now or modify your subscription.
- For questions on Limited Submissions, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (email@example.com) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on UMOR-managed Faculty Grants and Awards, contact Tricia McCain Ebright, (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (734) 936-3933.
- For questions on working with private sponsors from Industry, contact the Business Engagement Center.
- For questions on working with Foundations, contact Foundation Relations.