You are here
*For all except LSA Faculty who must apply through the Gateway to Internal Funding (eGif)
- Download the Guidelines and Application Form
- Complete all necessary fields of the application form
- Obtain necessary signatures (bottom of page 2 of the application form)
- Create a single PDF file with the documents in the following order:
- Application Form
- Proposal Narrative
- Budget Justification
- Project Director’s CV (3 page limit)
- Submit the final PDF via email to UMOR-FGA-Submissions@umich.edu by the appropriate deadline date
The U-M Office of Research (UMOR) provides funding to facilitate high-quality work, especially to leverage support from the colleges, schools, or departments for such work. Examples include:
- New research efforts
- Establish nontraditional collaborations
- Coordinate new interdisciplinary activities
UMOR funds are not intended to cover the total cost of a project, but rather to complement other support, and to address important needs not addressed by other support programs within or outside the University. In most cases, instructional faculty should apply to their deans for at least some of the support needed.
Instructional and Research Faculty, Librarians, Curators, and Archivists may apply.
The maximum UMOR contribution is $15,000. UMOR requires a 1:1 match from the unit, school/college, department, or other internal sources. All standard UMOR funding restrictions apply.
15th of April, June, August, October, December
Notification of funding decisions is made within 12 weeks of the program’s deadline. Late applications will not be processed until the next deadline for that program. Applicants can facilitate expeditious review by providing complete information, all required signatures, and by suggesting qualified, independent reviewers.
For information on the review and award process, including required signatures, award administration, and funding restrictions, see our Supplemental Information page.