You are here
The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive array of services for researchers.
- Since 2008, Advanced Research Computing at U-M (formerly the Office of Research Cyberinfrastructure) has been empowering computational discovery across disciplines on campus. ARC designs and deploys resources that bring increasingly powerful approaches to bear on major research challenges in fields ranging from physics to linguistics, and from engineering to medicine. ARC provides the Flux computing cluster, and also supports the Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery and Engineering, Michigan Institute for Data Science, ARC-Technology Services, as well as Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research.
- Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine (ULAM) provides guidance for the university’s animal care and use program campus-wide.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) fosters and oversees the responsible and humane care and justified use of animals used in research and instruction at U-M.
- A pathway connecting dynamic organizations with remarkable talent and resources, the BEC inspires successful collaboration and acts as a catalyst to create meaningful, invaluable partnerships by connecting the world’s brightest minds with the world’s greatest companies.
- CSCAR provides individualized support and training to U-M researchers in a variety of areas relating to the management, collection and analysis of data. CSCAR also supports the use of technical software and advanced computing in research.
- Working out of U-M's Washington, D.C., office, staff advocates and coordinates federal interactions for the U-M research enterprise. They also inform and advise U-M faculty and administrators on federal legislative, regulatory and research policy developments that affect the conduct of research on campus
- Information Technology Services (ITS) offers a number of resources for U-M researchers, including storage, networking, data management and collaboration tools.
- The Michigan Corporate Relations Network (MCRN) Expertise and Resource Portal is an easy-to-use searchable website featuring available U-M researchers, as well as related resources like research centers. The MCRN Expertise and Resource Portal is a single point of access website providing a means for businesses to take advantage of the resources available at a single university, collaborations of universities or the entire MCRN network of six universities.
- The organization responsible for the transfer of U-M technology to the marketplace by enhancing research discoveries to encourage licensing and broad deployment with existing businesses and newly-formed U-M startups.