You are here
*For all except LSA Faculty who must apply through the Gateway to Internal Funding (eGif)
- Download the Application Form
- Complete all necessary fields of the application form
- Obtain necessary signatures (bottom of page 2 of the application form)
- Create a single PDF file with the documents in the following order:
- Application Form
- Proposal Narrative
- Budget Justification
- Project Director’s CV (3 page limit)
- Publishing Contract (or copies of any correspondence with the publisher indicating acceptance for publication, acceptance conditional on revision, advance contract, etc.)
- Submit the final PDF via email to UMOR-FGA-Submissions@umich.edu by the appropriate deadline date
Subventions are intended to assist in the costs of manuscript publication. Subventions are considered particularly appropriate in cases where publication costs are unusually high due to artwork, maps, photographs, and other special production elements.
UMOR does not provide for translation or routine author activities, such as indexing or page and reprint costs of articles in professional journals.
Instructional and Research Faculty, Librarians, Curators, and Archivists may apply.
Publication subvention support is awarded on a competitive basis and is not guaranteed. Applications that are approved for funding will receive an award up to a maximum of $5,000. UMOR requires a 1:1 match from the unit, school/college, department, or other internal sources.
15th of June, October, February
Notification of funding decisions is typically made within 12 weeks of the program’s deadline. Late applications received will not be processed until the next deadline for that program. Applicants can facilitate expeditious review by providing complete information and all required signatures.
For more information on the review and award process, including required signatures, award administration, and funding restrictions, see our Supplemental Information page.