You are here
Deadline: To Be Announced
Sponsored jointly by:
Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies and the U-M Office of Research (UMOR).
These awards aim to enhance the intellectual climate for faculty and graduate student scholarship by sponsoring special seminars, colloquia, and distinguished visitor events. The opportunity for faculty and graduate students to spend time exploring topics of mutual interest, often with the benefit of interaction with renowned scholars from other institutions, has proven to be an excellent means for fostering collaboration and stimulating new research.
Any department, interdisciplinary program or school which has an approved doctoral program under the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies may participate.
- A maximum of five (5) awards will be made.
- Awards will range from $5,000 to $10,000 and may be used to complement funds from department, college or external sponsors.
Any member of the tenure track faculty and/or research scientist community may serve as the principal contact in making a proposal. Faculty are encouraged to include other members of the scholarly community, particularly doctoral students, in developing their proposal. A faculty member may serve as the principal contact for only one proposal. Those who have previously received a distinguished faculty and graduate student seminars grant must allow two years to pass before submitting a new proposal.
A single, interdisciplinary faculty panel will review applications.
Successful programs will:
- address areas of innovative and/or emerging interdisciplinary scholarship;
- complement the development of new research centers and training programs; and
- serve the needs and interests of both faculty and graduate students.
Awards will be announced by mid-April.